What Is Historic Vienna, Inc.?
Historic Vienna, Inc. (HVI), established by the Vienna Town Council on April 5, 1976, is a nonprofit corporation dedicated to:
- Preserving and promoting Vienna’s heritage through the identification, preservation, and interpretation of historically significant places, events, and persons
- Educating the public through permanent and revolving exhibits, outreach programs, special events and publications
- Enhancing a spirit of community through an awareness of Vienna’s past.
What Does HVI Do?
- Identifies, preserves, and operates sites and structures of historical significance, such as The Freeman House and the Original Library
- Acquires and exhibits artifacts of historical interest
- Conducts educational presentations and tours for students and civic groups
- Maintains and operates the Freeman Store offering items for sale: Vienna and Virginia souvenirs, arts and crafts, books and penny candy
- Coordinates annual events, such as ‘Walk On The Hill”, antique appraisals and Santa Claus at Christmas time
- Serves as a recipient of gifts, legacies, and bequests for on-going preservation and historic activities.
Officers of Historic Vienna, Inc.
President - Anne Stuntz
Vice President - Rose Mulville; Treasurer - Leigh Kitcher; Secretary – Laine Hyde
Board Members of Historic Vienna, Inc.
Sarah Jane Brady