Since April 5, 1976, Historic Vienna, Inc. (HVI) has served as a nonprofit corporation dedicated to:
- Preserving and promoting Vienna’s heritage through the identification, preservation, and interpretation of historically significant places, events, and persons
- Educating the public through permanent and revolving exhibits, outreach programs, special events and publications
- Enhancing a spirit of community through an awareness of Vienna’s past
What Does HVI Do?
- Identifies, preserves, and operates sites and structures of historical significance, such as The Freeman Store and Museum and the Little Library
- Acquires and exhibits artifacts of historical interest
- Conducts educational presentations and tours for students and civic groups
- Maintains and operates the Freeman Store offering gifts, books, toys, decorative items, candy and Vienna & Virginia souvenirs
- Coordinates annual events, such as ‘Walk On The Hill,” antique appraisals and Santa Claus at Christmas time
- Serves as a recipient of gifts, legacies, and bequests for on-going preservation and historic activities
Officers of Historic Vienna, Inc.
Anne Stuntz, President
Nancy Moats, Vice President
Catherine Hardman, Secretary
Leigh Kitcher, Treasurer
Leslie Herman, Town Liaison
Board Members of Historic Vienna, Inc.
Mike Berger, Beverly Burns, Margaret Dellinger, Catherine Hardman, Darrell Mounts, Katie Newland, Gloria Runyon, Sylvia Taylor, Suzanne Traut, Jon Vrana
Storekeepers and Historic Site Managers of Historic Vienna, Inc.